Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Thursday 26 April 2007

Sentiments are for foriegners in an artic zone..

Are you visiting India? It will do you good if you keep warm your sentiments behind. In India you have to be careful even while holding hands, because if you lose control, you could end up making a fool of yourself. In India, we show our affections only behind the closed doors or we can face the same fate as our Shipa Shetty, a famous Indian film star of ‘Big Brother’ fame. She stands amidst the angry conservative society as guilty. Guilty? Of what? For not resisting Richard Gere for his passionate kiss, which he couldn’t stop for three full minutes? And that too in front of truck drivers who were attending HIV health awareness program in Delhi. In a country where public display of affection are largely a taboo and the police arrest young folks who are a bit, too intimate at the sea shores, this kiss was too much to tolerate. As soon as it was flashed across TV channels, the crowds in India went berserk and starting burning effigies of Richard Gere. People viewed the event as ‘highly sexually erotic’ saying that the pair violated India’s strict public obscenity laws. And now the local citizens have filed a complaint charging that the public display of affection has offended local sensibilities. If convicted of Public obscenity, they could face up to three months in prison and fine or both. And so I repeat. Please leave your affectionate sensibilities back home, where ever you are. In India, it is not cashable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails