Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Friday 20 April 2007

Quiet wedding! Indeed!

If people wish to have a low profile wedding then the best way is to go to a quiet resort with some selected guest and enjoy the wedding with close family and friends and come back to your home town and hold a grand party to celebrate the occasion. But our film stars have a quiet wedding in a noisy way. The media was asked to keep out from all the details of the marriage. They were not allowed to tell the dates, the timings and the venue. They were not allowed to disclose the invitee list, nor announce the name of the designers and the decorators and the Mehandiwallahs, transport providers, band groups, photographers, choreographers, caterers, etc. And fortunately, all have become famous. The number of uninvited people that have actually attended the wedding exceeds the invited list! Thank Goodness, there is a bus strike and many of them are helplessly sitting at home and watching the live excerpts on TV. But still, there are people everywhere, on the roads, on the foot-paths, some of them perched on the lamp-posts, some on the shoulders of their buddy, taking turn, while others are in the balconies surrounding the bride/groom houses. Some of those people are paying for a balcony view, with snacks and drink included. But people on the road are crowded in the hot sun without food and drink, just craning their necks for a glimpse of the lucky guest. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to get a casual leave to attend such occasions, or is it a sick leave? And what is the thrill? Do they really have so much time to waste? While the big B pretends to show his contempt at the outrageous media, we have young B happily waving out. This is what I would call a publicity stunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails